Sunday, December 31, 2017

A YEAR END REVIEW

So 2017 is coming to an end and it's been a pretty rough year for many of us.  There were some good times.  Some great times too.  But no one escaped the year without loss.


Life is never simple.  When we look back we have some clarity, but even in that clarity of after sight there are still patches of fog.  Moments we will never understand because they were beyond our control.  We like control.  The loss of it can cause us to spiral down into the worst parts of our personalities.  For those times I am sorry but I am not ashamed.  We can only do what feels like the best at the time and wish for a happy outcome.  Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose.



2017 had some big losses for me.  Changes I am still trying to learn to deal with on a day to day basis.  There were new friend who came into my life, some stayed, some disappeared.  Life is fickle and ever changing, but I am learning more about myself with each change.  We like to say that life is ever moving forward, but that isn't quite the truth.  It often goes backwards as well. There is the old saying, "One step forward and two steps back."  That is true of the stream of life.  We think we moved so far forward, and then look around and realize we are right back where we started.







What matters more in life is that we do the best we can in each situation, and we stay true to ourselves.  Don't set out to hurt others, but don't hurt yourself either.  Life is hard enough as it is without sacrificing your happiness.  So in the new year, learn to love yourself.  Learn to prioritize happiness.  Learn that great things can happen when you put effort into making them happen.  Be kind, never cruel, and support the ones you love.






Life is like the flow of the river, twists and turns, shifting currents, and rough waters and smooth.  It's an adventure of epic proportions.  So come on 2018.  I've got my sword and shield.  Let's see what you have in store.


Yours thankfully,

Mitch Silverfang

::PS:: I want to thank WS Creations for the chance to write the WS Blog and the faith they have shown in me.  And I want to thank all of you who give me feedback and fandom.  I truly appreciate it all and look forward to lots of great stories yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment