Tuesday, January 1, 2019

LESSONS TO GROW ON 2019

Well its New Years again, time for reflection and growth.  It's been a rush, with so many twists and turns that it is easy to see why so many consider life to be like a running river.  The current pushes us along, whether we want it to or not.  Swift at times, tumultuous and angry, other times it is so very still and calm.  It's the placid times that we seem to forget about.  The adrenaline of the rapids, with the rough waters that scare and excite us all at the same time, make it so easy to miss the little, simple things.
This year for me was like that.  I got lost in the rapids and lost sight of the simple things that made me who I am.  The real me.  Many know that I have depression and anxiety, many do not.  So let me say that this year had its moments of being hard.  Depression isn't a choice.  It isn't something you can just get over.  It takes medication, therapy, time, and understanding friends and family.  I thought I had all of that, and in the times it mattered most I lost some who I had believed I never would.  But having that loss, I've learned to embrace some that I had ignored or didn't see for the amazing friends they were.  We learn, we grow.  We accept who we are, and it makes us better.  NEVER settle for someone who can see your faults more than your strengths.  NEVER let them use your faults as an excuse to treat you poorly.   EMBRACE those who treat you like a man/woman... no.. not even a man/woman.. embrace those who treat you like you.  

It was a lesson I learned well this year, and one that is helping me grow into someone strong, proud, and fiercely loyal to those who are standing with me and enjoying the person I truly am.   They know who they are, I don't have to name them.  They have me as their friend.
I know you learned your own lessons as well.  Share them with others, let us make a community of people who help grow each other in happiness and love.  Not just love for others, but love for ourselves.  For only by accepting our faults as part of us and not letting them define us, can we truly grow to love ourselves enough to ever be loved in return.
Go out, make 2019 your year to love yourself.  And embrace the love, friendship, pleasure, passion, hope, and happiness that it yields in return.  And do me the favor of posting your comments and stories below of your lessons from 2018.  We want to hear them, and share them.

Bless you all, and happy new year.


 Thoughs by: mystermitch resident
 Photos by: mystermitch resident
All Furniture by: ::WS:: Creations
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/12590











1 comment:

  1. ..."in the times it mattered most I lost some who I had believed I never would. But having that loss, I've learned to embrace some that I had ignored or didn't see for the amazing friends they were."

    Thank you. I've learned that lesson the hard way this past year as well but I could never have put so perfectly.

    Here is to a great new start for us both!

    ReplyDelete